I promise.

I promise.
Unconditionally...

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Acceptance: the concept of letting go


Acceptance is happening all around me.  Not on the big issue(s) but on ancillary ones that might just be a path to the big 'A'.  Really, it's a forced exercise in letting go of our preconceived notions, of our visions for the future, of the unimportant causes we've elected to champion along the way, and may have become more habitual than relevant.  

Either way, little 'a' moments are popping up from every direction, and I'm learning to let go of the idea that anyone can influence anyone else's ability to accept life as it is.  

We won't be having a lot of frank discussions about preparing for the end of life, save the necessary documents and estate planning.  We just keep on keeping on as if everything is normal and we have years.  

These are the good times, and it's time to enjoy them.   : )